On behalf of the students, staff and parents of Burnside State High School, welcome to our school community. Since we opened in 1979, Burnside State High School has gone through many changes as we endeavour to keep in line with changes in curriculum and technology. All aspects of school culture should reflect our school motto 'Smaller, Smarter, Safer'.
Burnside High School strives to look to the future on meeting the changing needs of a changing society, while striving to meet individual needs of preparing young adults for their future place in society.
Our school offers all students the following advantages:
- Small school setting
- Productive partnerships with the community
- Zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- A safe school environment
- Quality, caring teachers
- Well maintained grounds and facilities Vocational Education and Training
- High standards and expectations
- Firm, fair and consistent student management
- School-wide approach to teaching
- Small classes
- Breadth of subject choices for a small school
Burnside State High School is the only state high school on the Sunshine Coast where 100% of Year 12 students have completed school with a QCE, OP, or VET qualification. Burnside State High School has achieved this eight years in a row.
Burnside State High School is ready for your challenge in providing your child with quality outcomes now and into the future. Please peruse our
Prospectus (PDF, 383KB) and browse our website. If you require more information, please phone our main office or visit our campus and meet our friendly, helpful staff.